2/3/10

7 Steps to Stardom


I have been coaching for over four years.  I enjoy what I do and enjoy working with my clients helping them to achieve the goals that they set out for themselves.  As an extension to my coaching practice, NGenius Empire Artist Development was born to aid in the building of the various artist that I have come into contact with over the years.  Being an artist myself, I think that it is important to take the journey with my clients.

I've spoken to a number of Singers, Dancers, Writers and Actors about their careers and some have actually asked me if I could make them into a star.  My response is very candid and humorous.  I tell them that NOBODY can make them ANYTHING, however, I will support them as their coach, helping them to achieve their goals.

Here are 7 steps to get you started on the road to stardom.  Feel free to comment or pass along the information.

Step #1:  BIO
  • Answer the questions: Who am I and what do I want?
  • In this step, you are crafting your bio detailing who you are, where you came from, your background and your aspirations.
Step #2:  PURPOSE
  • Identify your purpose.
  • Identifying your purpose will provide you with a sense of direction and focus. Often times, artists see the end result and want to get there on a fast track, but it takes a considerable amount of work to get there. Nothing happens overnight as we all know.
  • Write a mission statement or a mantra to live by. Be original.
  • My personal mantra is: Life is God's movie. Play your part.
Step #3:  STAR QUALITY
  • Have a professional photograph taken. 
  • Create a web presence.
  • Free portals like www.blogger.com or www.wordpress.com are great to start.
  • Post your bio, mission statement, photo and anything else you are willing to share.
  • Be bold.  Be colorful and  be creative.  Most of all have fun! But keep it professional.
Step #4:  FIND FANS

  • Using social media outlets such as: Facebook, Twitter and Youtube, you can begin to find people who enjoy what you have to say and even what you look like. 
  • A good spring board for finding your fanbase is to start with your friends and family. 
  • Ask everyone to suggest at least 10 of their friends to visit your website or blog. Those who like it will follow you, those that don't will be missing out.
Step #5:  EXPLOIT YOURSELF
  • Stand out from the crowd. Have unique business cards printed with your name, website and contact information on them.
  • Boost your self esteem by putting your face on them. This is your portable billboard.
  • Sharpen your networking skills. Attend networking events and rub shoulders with people in your industry.
  • Make public appearances and be sure everyone knows your name.
Step #6:  LOOK TO THE SKY
  • It is important to keep your head up and one sure fire way to do this is to look to the sky.
  • Create a vision board.  Place yourself among the stars you wish to be surrounded by.
  • I personally like Oprah Winfrey, Barack Obama, Will Smith and Anderson Cooper.
Step #7:  BE UNSTOPPABLE!
  • Surround yourself with people who believe in YOU.
  • Learn to champion yourself.
  • Remind yourself daily that YOU are the ONE. Say it in the mirror. Post reminders on your computer, work stations and even your cell phone.
  • If you don't believe that you are the ONE, no one else will.
  • Remember after every NO, there is a YES waiting to be discovered. Keep going until you find it.
  • Your time is NOW!

1 comment:

Karen Minors said...

You have encouraged me to be UNSTOPPABLE! Your energy is amazing and I can't stand you Nathan! LOL. My journey would be different if I didn't have you to push me and Nakia along as you have. The next Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith, you say? Yup, we are doing it! See you at the top, my friend. Love you much.